• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question 7211 - Coolant leak at injector

DamienMcMu

Level 2
First name
Damien

Machinery:
Zetor 7211
Hi All,

i have a small amount of coolant seepage around one injector, i have been told this is a worn copper washer and should be an easy fix by draining a small amount of coolant and removing injector, inserting new washer and tightening (but no torque setting confirmed) but not wanting to start playing with injectors without being certain

any expert thoughts on what is most likely cause and how to go about repairing it would be appreciated

also, is this something i could make worse by attempting myself (i have a bit of workshop knowledge but good DIY at best).

There is a cup in which the injector sits, and that cup sits in a cooling channel in the head. The sealant of the cup to the head can be leaking. There is also a sealing washer under the cup in the cylinder head.

To remove the cup you have to take the injector out, tap thread in the cup, screw a bolt in the tread and use a sliding puller to get the bolt with cup out.
The new cup is installed with sealing compound.

There is no risk in taking the injector out to inspect the cup, as long as you keep diesel parts clean.

Please clean the area around the injector cup and if the seepage shows take good pictures and post please.
The cup to head change is difficult to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back