• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

9520 Oil Filter leak

jfraley626yahoocom

Level 2
First name
jfraley
Hello all!

I'm having a problem with oil leaking above the oil filter on my 9520. This old girl has seen some rough times. It was leaking when I got the tractor. When I changed the fluids I had to cut the oil filter off it was on so tight. I'm not sure if the pressure is so high its leaking or if the leak is on the bottom side of the fitting the filter screws onto.

I've always had great success asking for help on here. I'd appreciate any help on what the issue might be.

Thanks!

Dont know the 9520 in particular, but could the filter holder face be damaged ?

I used to hammer them loose with a chisel on the rim, had to file off the face to get it to seal again.

Now ive folded 8mm rod straight in a 180 degree bend, and welded the end in an old socket wrench. Put a seatbelt through the slot, i ut these around the oil filter and twist it till the seatbelt grabs tight around the oil filter. I can use all my socket set ratchets, extenders and universal joint pieces, to break loose ANY oil filter in ANY awkward position... Its the best home made tool i have.

Hello all!

I'm having a problem with oil leaking above the oil filter on my 9520. This old girl has seen some rough times. It was leaking when I got the tractor. When I changed the fluids I had to cut the oil filter off it was on so tight. I'm not sure if the pressure is so high its leaking or if the leak is on the bottom side of the fitting the filter screws onto.
Thanks!

I changed a filter on another make tractor with a paper filter was so old and worn out it was totally disintegrated and only the metal disc top and bottom was left. Tractor was still going good no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back