• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

AgriPower 7000 / Zetor 7211 Issues & Restore

startgreen

Level 1
First name
Hunter
Hi -
My cousin left his '85 AgriPower 7000 at our house some years ago, and my dad & I decided we would try to get it going again. It sat for several years without running at all, and since it was new, it was physically abused some.

So I *think* the AgriPower 7000 is just a rebranded Zetor 7211. AgriPower doesn't exist any more, and while I have had a hard time finding all the parts I need (fuel pipe return assembly, for example), most of them are still available for the 7211.

We didn't have any problem getting the tractor running - just needed a good tow. So we changed the fuel filters, engine oil, cleaned the centrifugal filter, checked the hydraulic fluid, flushed the radiator, cleaned the air filter, adjusted the throttle cable, etc.

So now we're down to the nitty gritty (and perhaps the most important things). I know the rear hydraulic assist cylinder is leaking at the seals. Can the seals be replaced?

The original solenoid was bypassed many years ago and a non-Zetor unit fitted on the site of the bonnet. the original starter is still working. Most of the tractor's electrics do not work - all the gauges are broken or disabled, the starter button doesn't work (we have to jump the solenoid to start it), the lights don't work. I mention this now as I wonder whether it has something to do with the really big issue:

There appears to be a pressure relief pipe on the side of the engine where the centrifugal oil filter is. Lately we've been getting what is either white smoke or steam (hard to tell) mixed with a tiny bit of oil blowing out the pipe. This happens all the time, regardless of whether the engine is cold, warm or hot. We're also getting black smoke out of the exhaust pipe. Surely this means something - perhaps a major defect. Can anyone interpret the signs?

If the engine is sound - and reliable - I would be happy to start replacing all the busted pieces and parts.

Thanks again,

hunter

the black smoke and breathing could be as simple as a blocked air filter.... is it a paper element or oil bath and wire mesh ?. the wire mesh ones need a good soak over night in diesel and pressure washing to get all the oily dirt out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back