• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Big Orn, be my guest !!

Netherlands Renze

Administrator
Staff member
First name
Renze

Machinery:
1976 5718
1978 5718 35kmh: Work in progress
1967 3011
This subject is added on Big Orn's special request. So, go ahead and post.:p:D

Hey Big Orn,

Excuse my ignorance but what on earth is a BUSH HOG. Never heard of such a term in my part of Ireland.

Tony

Hello, Tony. We have certain names for things in Northeast Texas that we get from Brand names and it sticks to that equipment no matter who made it. Bush Hog is a name of a company that mfgs Shredders/Mowers. We call anything that shreds grass, saplings, weeds, etc. a bush hog. When we go out to mow we say, "I'm going out to the back pasture and bush hog for awhile."
BTW - It is good to chat with someone from my ancestral roots. My family moved from Europe to Ireland in the early 1500's then to the USAin 1797.

A pig that lives in the wild? :D

I would wager some kind of brush/scrub cutter - a topper for the Texas environment.

Lets see what Big Orn has to say.

"Bush hog" is a kind of slang term, a brand name that wore into the language as a name for a type of machine (Arnt i right ??)

Just like an adjustable wrench is called a "bahco" Bahco was the Swedish manufacturer that invented it, or anyway, most adjustabel wrenches were sold by Bahco so a brand became a name.

Hey Renze, the common name for the adjustable wrench here is Crescent.

Heh heh... a language is more than they can ever teach you....:cool:

we tend to call an ajustable rench, an ajustable rench and a "bush hog" is a jungle buster

Hi,
We call an adjustable wrench a monkey wrench and a bush hog either a topper, grass cutter or slasher depending on type.
Chris

Yes, monkey wrench is what i've heard in Canada too..

At my brother's work there was a belgian trucker, asking if some "Clark driver" could help him unload a few pallets off his truck... Clark must have had a major forklift truck market stake in Belgium..:)

Here's one for ya':

Honey, will you go get me a coke?

Sure, my king, what kind?

Dr. Pepper .....:cool::p

hey Big Orn, that has been a long time ago when we last saw you here !!!

Over here, a husband would ask for a beer. Beer is for the dutch as a coke is for north american folks, it seems...
The Canadian folsk wondered about my drinking habits, they drink coke all day round, and a double whiskey or two in the evening. I use to drink a beer with the family when i get home from work at 5, and at 10 before i go to bed.

Most beer is the "Pilsener beer". Like Heineken and a lot of others. But Pilsen is a city in Czechia, and i thought it was also a brand name of beer ??

hey Big Orn, that has been a long time ago when we last saw you here !!!

Yes, a long, long time. I've heard from Tom a couple of times, though. Glad you're still open, old friend.

I spend most of my "free" time "working"...;)

Building a new house and cleaning/grubbing the land I bought.

I feel like taking a month or two off, that's for sure.

My father in law told me that in the old days at the tobacco prossesing plant in North Caroline USA they call CocaCola"dopers" because they had real cocaine in them.
George

CocaCola had cocaine in it in the early day's - late 1800's. I guess that is where the Coca comes from...Coca-ine. By the early 1900's, most Cocaine was gone although there is still trace present.

You could get a real buzz by taking asprin and washing it down with the REAL THING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back