• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

c385 pto problem

zetor3545

Level 2
First name
matthew morgan
Hi Guys

got my c 385 and going to crck on with the strip down soon, i have noticed the pto isnt quite right, when i start the tractor the pto turns very slowly and doesnt attempt to stop, i engage pto and it works fine, but i turn it off it slows down but again wwont fully stop, if i grab the pto shaft now i can stop it and it stops and the brake comes on

any ideas? and what do i need to do to repair it?

matt

Put the torque in low and see if it makes any help . if not that rules out a torque problem.
check the oil presure on the pipes going into the housing at the side of the pto unit. one should have 175 psi whilst the other has zero, engage the pto and the presure/zero alternates to the opposite pipes, if that is ok rules out torque pump.
remove pto unit and check the brake pistons and seals and chambers through which the oil flows to activate brake.

Details on how to do each of these tasks are detailed on previous threads if you need help, simply search pto!

tried her in low torque amp made no difference,

being young and enthusiastic how much of a job isit to remove the pto pack? does it just simply slide out or do i have to remove those pipes on the side before i drag it out?

matt

Thats fairly normal when the oil is cold, its cold oil between the friction plates that causes it and wear on the pack brakes. Don't tear it down provided the PTO doesn't slip under load. If you dont like it rotating, put it out of gear.

ill use her today and see weither it stops on its own once oil is hot.

matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back