• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Hindustan G312 tractor powered by Zetor 1.8L 2 Cyl Diesel?

solakian

Level 2
First name
solakian
I own a Hindustan G 312 Tractor, manufactured by the Gujarat Tractor Corp. I believe it was built in the early to mid 1990's. It has a 2 cylinder, 31hp, 1.79L diesel engine. I've been searching for parts for quite a while. I recently stumbled across a Zetor water pump, # 620105615, that fits the engine in my tractor. Wkipedia suggests that early Hindustan tractors were based on Zetor tractor design.

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum can help me identify an engine model that I can use to buy parts for my tractor. The engine in my Hindustan does not have any markings and the tractor was never intended for sale in the U.S. I have never been able to locate a Hindustan dealer. This particular tractor was brought into the U.S. by the Dragon Tractor company in Georgia, they put Dragon Tractor stickers over the Hindustan stickers. The Dragon tractor company quit importing this tractor a long time ago and can offer no help.

Most probably this is a 2011 or 2511. Any UR1 waterpump would fit, unless Gujarat changed things on the original design.

Hi
To become 1.8L the 2001 engine would nead to have 102mm bore, same as the 9 series and newer. The original 95mm makes it ca 1.5L.
Bjarne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back