• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Hot fuses

• Thread starter Ron in Slovenija
  • Start date
R

Ron in Slovenija

I have a fuse that gets hot and melts the plastic type. The fuse runs the rear working lights, Vent/heater motor and radio. I would be willing to bet it is in the lights wiring but just wondering if anywone has had the same problem.

That is quite a lot of electricity consumption on one fuse, dont you think ??

I think a radio (which is always loud on a noisey tractor) som big working lights and a big heater fan require more electricity than a single fuse could handle.

i think you should put the working lights to another fuse, at least not all these big electricity consuming things on the same fuse.

How about putting a relay on the lights, most modern tractors have relays on the spot lights.

Past experience taught me that it is the blower/heater. As it ages it becomes hard to turn (sometimes with a big noise) and this causes the motor and circuit to be in a lot of strain. If the circuit is like my 3 the lights are seperate its just the radio blower etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back