• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Hydraulic connections , HELP

kier44

Level 2
First name
kier44
First I must say i love this site ( been on here about 2/3 weeks)
Im thinking of crimping hydraulic pipe ends , you know a, hydraulic pipe splits right in the middle of a job, so you rush off with the offending pipe 2/3 hours later your back to work minus a lot of money which you gladly spend at the time just to get the machine going .
Ive found I can buy new hydraulic hose and collars for about less than half the made up price, My question is what pressure crimping machine do i need ? there are 10 ton ones about some will go up to 2" which seems about right will this suit me ? or is this not enough pressure. most hydraulics seem to work at 3,000lbs, it seems to me I can reuse the ends and just crimp new pipe in , saving my time and money.
Does any one have experiance of making up pipes ?

I have to say that we usually use re-usable hose ends except where there is limited space or a fixed distance with a short hose. My experience is that any of the hydraulic types that use tapered formers are satisfactory, as they are designed for only that purpose. However steer clear of the ones that use a rotating wheel to crimp the collar. they may be a lot cheaper to buy but there seems to be a lot more failures with the pipes blowing off. Probably due to the operator either not compressing the pipe enough or doing it too much so the fitting splits.
Dave

There are very nice air-over-hydraulic ones available, which are powered by an air comrpessor (available in every shop) and converting the pneumatic energy into oil pressure because it is safer, no bangs if the fitting pops out of the claws.

You can adjust the air pressure so the crimping pressure is allways correct and the same.

Here is some,

www.lillbacka.com

from portable service press to serial manufacturing in heavy industries. They can certain tell you what kind of press do you need, and where you can buy it in your country.

the laws changed abit since 2007 now you can't only buy new hoses now not supposed to get old ones re ended any more

the laws changed abit since 2007 now you can't only buy new hoses now not supposed to get old ones re ended any more

technical yes your correct but there are some older places that will still put on new ends on old pipes but they are getting scarce now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back