• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

No fuel through fuelpump

neumiller

Level 2
First name
neumiller
I've got an Agripower 5000 that won't pump any fuel to the injectors. I cracked the injectors to let air out, but nothing comes at all.
Any ideas?
Also, I'm looking for a service manual for this, but can't find one. Any help there?
Thanks
Cory from North Dakota

first things first:

Is there fuel in the bowl ? and can you see its passing through when priming with the hand pump ?

I too have an Agri-Power 5000 (Zetor 5011).

Along with the suggestion of hand priming, do you have the throttle on full?

Yes, there is fuel in the bowl. When I prime it, it bubbles a bit and you can see it move. It seems to pressurize fine with the hand pump to the fuel pump, but nothing out of the fuel pump.

As far as the hand throttle, we had it in about every position including full open.

The feed pump may be stuck then. ITs a big slotted cap, you need either a very big screwdriver or a piece of 2mm metal with a vise grip to turn it open. Then see if the plunger moves freely.

Okay - here is where we are at.
Took the big screw out of the fuel pump and the plunger was stuck underneath. Got it out, cleaned it up, reinstalled it, and how the fuel pump works. We've got all kinds of fuel coming out of the pump, and up through the bleeder screws on the side of the injector pump.
However, now fuel isn't coming through the injector pump to the lines up to the injector.
Any ideas on the injector pump? Is there anything to check in it or do I need to take it off and take it to a place that works on pumps?
This tractor came off an auction sale, and it wasn't running when we bought it, but the guy claimed it ran when parked a couple years back.

Sounds like the rack may be siezed in the pump. You can take the side plate off the side of the pump, and see if the pump elements are moving when you move the governor linkage to high idle. If nothing moves, the rack is stuck. You can't see the rack it is behind the pump elements.
You can spray all the internals with a penetrating fluid, and force it with a screw driver or something to get it moving the elements rotate anti-clockwise from the top where the little screws are that clamp the pump elements), fill the pump housing and governor housing up with diesel, and run it. But be very mindful that if you start it before you get it free enough, the engine may run away, and you'll end up with bits of engine on the ground, and possibly in you :eek: So if you do decide to free it up yourself, take the air intake hose off the inlet manifold, and have something solid ready to block it off if things go bad, quickly!!

Once you have it all freed up, and flush the housings a few times with diesel, don't forget to drain them both, and refill with clean engine oil.

Once, again, DO NOT start it until you have the rack moving nice and freely! Spray everything you can with a good penetrant, and let it sit a while, and repeat a few times before you try forcing anything.

Good luck!

Agripower 5000 is this a 5011 or 5211 ?? and when did the fuel pumps with engine fed lubrication came ? 5011 or 5211 ?

If it has an open connection the diesel fuel will run into the crankcase quickly. But penetrating fluid and fiddling with the rack and later a screwdriver, should get you pretty far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back