• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

PTO Clutch Adjustment

M

mikeyg

My grandfather has a 5245, and the PTO clutch must be out of adjustment. You can't shift the PTO when the clutch is pulled. The gears just grind. How is the PTO clutch adjusted, and how do I know if the clutch needs replacement?

Thanks, this is a great site with lots of good information.

Mikeyg

It's hard to tell. You will have to find out yourself where to adjust, but it can be adjusted on both ends of the lever's cable, and on the clutch itself, there is a small (8x8 cm) inspection plate on the side which can be opened to reach the clutch with a wrench. you can turn the clutch with a big tire repair spoon, through the inspection hole. please mind that they have a double clutch, so you need only half of the bolts to adjust.

Maybe the 5245 also had a clutch with diafragm spring instead of 6 or 8 pressure fingers, i was talking about 7 series clutch adjustment. I'm not sure on the 5245:sneaky:

Does the 5245 also have handoperated PTO clutch in same way as 6245?
If it has check the wire and the links, there can be rust there and then it doesnt work properly.

Yes i think 5245 and 6245 are identical except for the engine and front axle. (but not in all countries, in some countries teh 5245 has the same planetary front axle as the bigger UR1 models

Users who are viewing this thread

Back