• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zebra 3522 pto issue

bonanza

Level 2
First name
Bonanza
I recently purchased a Zebra 3522 with a FEL and I'm in the process of changing all the fluids ,filters and repairing several minor items.

One problem I've been unable to resolve is getting the PTO to shut off. I've read the manual several times and have positioned the control lever in all four of the detents and the PTO continues to run. Hydraulics and lift arms work fine.

The hydraulic oil looks a little milky so its being changed.

Any help would be appreciated !

Is the PTO being driven, or just dragging along in the transmisson fluid ?

And is the C spring pin in the lever still apiece or is it broken and not taking the shaft with it ?

It appears the lever is not moving the shift rail. The lever (externally) has a has a drive pin thru the shaft and it is moving the shaft.
When I remove the detent poppet assembly I can reach thru the hole with a screwdriver and move the shift rail and disengage the PTO. I don't have a parts manual to tell what maybe missing or broken . It looks like I may have to remove the top cover for a repair.

Rex

Usually its the simple pin thats tapped through the gearlever itself. Because the broken ends scratch into the shaft, it doesnt just fall off. But if you wiggle it you can take it off and tap the broken ends out. A wood nail that fits in tight, is a more permanent fix than a rollpin, though a smaller rollpin tapped inside the rollpin, is also a durable solution.

Usually its the simple pin thats tapped through the gearlever itself. Because the broken ends scratch into the shaft, it doesnt just fall off. But if you wiggle it you can take it off and tap the broken ends out. A wood nail that fits in tight, is a more permanent fix than a rollpin, though a smaller rollpin tapped inside the rollpin, is also a durable solution.

Renze

If you are referring to the external pin thru the lever it looked like the lever was moving the shaft. I will take a closer look at it tonite.

Thanks
Rex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back