• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 5340 Breather pipe, Fuel pump, Air compressor

djsumcp20oldleawharfcouk

Level 2
First name
Dave-S
Should I be getting this amout of oil out of the breather pipe?
1693856768856.png

Why do I have to pump the fuel pump so many times so the engine starts straight away? On my old 6718 I just pressed a button in and it started straight away. The glass bowl is full of diesel.
1693856799281.png

The air compressor appears to be doing nothing both outlets on regulator open and there was air coming out, so I turned it off, now by the lever on the left hand side there appears to be oil leaking out, is this a problem?
1693856834703.png

Last edited by a moderator:
At 6718 the tank is above the pump level but at 5340 the pump must suck up the fuel from a low level Your problem is that the fuel flows back to the tank due to that air leaks into the system. This is a classic problem on these models. Replace all hoses from the tank as these are originally of lousy quality and do not forget the hoses from the injectors back to the pump. Many people install an electric lifting pump to avoid this problem.
Lots of readings in this forum about this subject.

Re. the compressor picture, the compressor works for pumping tyres only when the hose is connected to the threaded piece and the middle part is pressed in. You will need something to blank off the outlet where it goes to the tank, then you turn on the compressor you will have pressure.

Thanks for the replies,
Looking at the fuel hoses.

The comptessor works ok it was just why oil is coming out of the left hand lever when it is off

Thanks David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back