• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor 6045 slow response to throttle

jex

Level 2
First name
JEX
I recently had a problem with my 6045 not starting. I thought it was a faulty lift pump so I replaced it with a new pump & new fuel filters. After bleeding the injectors I got it to start eventually but the it is very slow to respond to the throttle control. Could this be an issue with the Injector pump?

Hello Jex,
It could be the injector pump regulator. When was the oil in the pump and regulator last changed or at least checked?
If there is a lack of oil, the regulator can move with difficulty (and also wear out).

At full throttle does it maintain the speed or does it sag?

Thankyou. Where is the regulator situated and how is the oil checked / changed? It maintains the revs but when the throttle is dropped back to idle, it slowly responds and almost stops unless I increase it again.

Thankyou. Where is the regulator situated and how is the oil checked / changed? It maintains the revs but when the throttle is dropped back to idle, it slowly responds and almost stops unless I increase it again.
On the back of the injection pump. When my 3011 leaks injection pump oil into the sump and runs dry, it doesnt run smooth at high idle on the road: it starts to talk like ta-ta-ta because the goveror overcompensates when it doesnt move freely, it either gives a lot of fuel or it shuts fuel off to maintain rpm within regulated margin, meaning every time only one cylinder gets fuel and the others dont when its their turn.

Is the starter cranking the engine slower than it used to? If so, put the handle for the hydraulic pump and PTO in neutral to exclude a problem in the hydraulics or PTO.
Does it have white or black smoke?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back