• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

12145 1000rpm PTO

farmerdave

Level 2
First name
Farmerdave
I am wondering if I am able to engage 1000rpm for reduced engine revs while in 540 for use on a pump, but keeping the 9 spline shaft, thanks in advance

Yes you can. Take out the stub shaft thats on the right side of the clutch housing. held in by 2 bolts needing a 13mm spanner and in the hole in the end of the stub make a 10mm long dowel to fit the hole and then replace the stub shaft where you took it from. this will shift the internal gear.

I used 1000rpm for tedding hay. Often when hay turns into dry hay, the PZ Fanex 500 didnt have enough speed for the light material so it would create windrows. 1000rpm PTO at 1200 engine rpm did the trick. But for heavy implements you need to check the engine temperature at hot summer days, as the fan also turns slower. Some tractors have been toasted driving a stationary irrigation pump at 1200 engine rpm in hot summer weather.

Thanks a lot! It will be running a pump for jetting sheep so I'll be by it all day and it's winter time here in australia! By removing the dowel, will it return it to 540? And I suspect that it does not need to be tight in the shaft for easy removal?

Yes it will, and don't make the dowel tight or you cant get it out.
Where in Australia ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back