• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

12145 power steering fault

farmerdave

Level 2
First name
Farmerdave
My steering has gotten hard to turn the wheel practically overnight. I have topped up the resivour with ATF fluid but it appears as those it is being airated. Any ideas?

I am not an expert on UR2 power steering, but i know that a local contractor converted some of these, to orbitrol units. He installed an orbitrol and connected it to the original units steering cylinder, bypassing the built in orbitrol.

These can be a PITA to trouble shoot, but most likely the built-in orbitrol unit is bad. Perhaps Ixer or DaveP can chime in...

There is a replaceable spin on filter, try changing that. If your tractor has an older system then the filter can be taken apart and washed. It's next to the reservoir on the right side of the tractor.
if the oil is being aireated the fault will probably be on the suction side of the pump or the pump itself, so try tightening all pipe joints leading to the pump and when the engine is stopped wipe all the pipes with a rag to make sure there is not a leak. your oil had to have gone somewhere !

There is a replaceable spin on filter, try changing that. If your tractor has an older system then the filter can be taken apart and washed. It's next to the reservoir on the right side of the tractor.
if the oil is being aireated the fault will probably be on the suction side of the pump or the pump itself, so try tightening all pipe joints leading to the pump and when the engine is stopped wipe all the pipes with a rag to make sure there is not a leak. your oil had to have gone somewhere !

Thanks for the help , I notice a drip coming out from underneath the bell housing. I'll investigate and get onto zetor direct to order a new filter

Did you fixed it , i have same problem , so yes what did you do ?
The powersteering works very bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back