• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

16145 tranny swap

chixnfix

Level 2
First name
chixnfix
i have a 16145 that wont engage second gear. since i have to pull it anyway and it is only a three speed, can i swap in a four speed from a smaller tractor? i will not be stressing it at all since a 90 horse tractor will do what this tractor will be doing, i just got a deal on this one;). thanks

any 40kmh overdrive transmission is rated for your 16145 but a 30kmh will also fit, AFAIK.

i hope you will excuse my ignorance, first zetor i've owned. i found a owners manual and parts book online, which i now have. i have the machine running, now time to do something about the tranny. how can i tell which is the 30kph or 40kph? also, the intake side of the turbo stops spinning and you can still hear what i assume to be the exhaust side winding down. is there some sort of slip coupler there or is it broken? thanks, still learning

how can i tell which is the 30kph or 40kph? also, the intake side of the turbo stops spinning and you can still hear what i assume to be the exhaust side winding down. is there some sort of slip coupler there or is it broken? thanks, still learning

1. It should have the speeds in gears written on a table, or on the Tacho.
2. Sounds Broken ..... have never seen a Turbo that was not connected in the middle! .... check the nut is tight on both Turbine wheels .... you may need a special socket for this.
you will be well down on power if the turbo is not boosting!

here a rough idea.. most of the old gearboxes ran on r34 most were 30km.. and most gearboxes with the 3rd and 4th on the gear stick the wrong way round were either 35 or 40km alot of them ran on r38 . if the cab is still on shud be stamped on it some were

Users who are viewing this thread

Back