• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

3511-CLUTCH NOISE?? HELP??

zetormatic3511

Level 2
First name
Zetormatic-3511
Hi zetor people

Iv just bought a zetor 3511.

Its a 1971 with a front loader and a cab and a shiny red and gold paint job.I payed 1200 euro for it.I think thats a good price

But the main problem??????

When i pust the clutch in theres a horrible sound like when you flush the toilet the noise the cistern makes when its refilling..
Thats what it sounds like.
Anyone know what it might be.
Hope my clutch aint worn:sneaky:

Your clutch thrust bearing has seized, and the clutch release fingers/levers scratch over the bearing ring, instead of dragging it with.

undo the small hatch on the right side (two M6 bolts) and with a flashlight you can see whats going on when your mate presses the clutch pedal.

I think this is what you should see.. its from my 3011.

http://picasaweb.google.com/107425156667704565045/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCOrWnMSok9jaGA&feat=directlink

its 4 hours work if you have done it before. count 8 if you have average mechanical skills but never worked on a tractor before.

You can only replace the thrust bearing if the tractor is split.

Should i bother doing it?
Or will it be ok?:sneaky:
If so would it be expensive
And worthwhile changing clutch while its split?>:)

Hi

Don't leave it as the bearing will wear right through the fingers and then one day when you're edging up to your nice new car ---IT WILL KEEP GOING !!!!!!!! Whooooops !!!!!!!!! :(:(:(
Check the drive plate while you are in there.

Mike

Thanks alot mate :D
I have the workshop manual coming in the post for it so ill get right on it.
Where did you get those prices?

see what meat there is left on the plate.... then it depends whether its for pottering about or working hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back