• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

3545 pto and hydolic isuue

mathew101

Level 2
First name
mathew101
hi
i recently rescued and old 3545 from the scrap man. it had been parked up for around 15 years. I managed to start here withing a few minutes and get her all goin, now all running well but...
when you engage the pto there is a grumbling grinding noise that feels as if its coming from the gear box but the pto seams to work but the noise and vibration doesn't feel healthy also none of the hydrolics work with all levers in Evey/eny position, have taken the end of the tipper pipe off but no oil will come through.
do you think there is something thing simple i am missing? or is it a major job?
i would relay appreciate any help ,
ive had a look through the site and cant find anyone with eh same problem
thanks

Hi,
Engagin pto whit the lever all the way down/forward shold also engage hydrolic pump, the noise cold be the dogcluth not engaging properly due to a bent shift fork, or the pump itself cold be seased and somting is broken. Try to drain the gearboks and take down the plate whit the hydpump under the rearaxle, now you can inspekt both the pump and cluch. God luck.
Bjarne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back