• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

frank4712

Level 1
First name
FRANK VL
Ik ben van plan een 4712 aan te schaffen. Zijn daar problemen mee die gekend zijn als typisch voor een 4712?
Aftakas kan op 5 snelheden? Heb ergens gelezen dat bij gebruik daarvan problemen zouden zijn met smering van versnellingsbak?
True or false?

English please !!!

4712s are bullet proof machines, no problems with them at all. Probably one of the best tractors ever.

About the 5 speed gearbox PTO, i'm not sure what the problem was, i've heard only 1 tractor break when used with 5 speed PTO and i assume that it was caused by lack of oil (owner not being carefull to check oil level !!) and not by the gearbox itself. I think this was just an incident, not a common problem

A little bit of trivia for you all.
I have two 4712. One a 1970 and the other 1971.
They have 22000 ans 19000 hrs respecively. The younger one is pumping a 3/4 harland as we speak, at 1500 RPM, 540 PTO with a watchdog system
The older unit has had one clutch, under warrently from new and a selactor shaft also under warrently. the front end has fell off, or fallen appart sevearl times but that is all. The tin ware is not much chop.
Both are original otherwise and apart from the oild leaks form a vital role on our 1800 acre property.
Along with the 7245 with loader and the 9540. Ther is a SAME silver 100 in the mix as well.

Zetor 's rule.

I was wondering the same thing but blamed it on the fact that English is not my native language :)

The 3/4 Harland is an irrigation pump.
At the speed mentioned it is pumping 600 litres per minute at 45PSI, 500 meters through a 25mm big gun travelling irrigator.

Thanks for the update Paul re the 3/4 Harland.

It is interesting how you mix metric and imperial measurements - I would have thought 3 bar more commonplace?

I also do that sometimes Tomz! because in "small" school i learned metric and in the other (secondary) school they tried to teach me imperial and stuff69) So you get the picture. Lucky for me my they failed to toast my brains.... (I hope)

I also am at the age where I started learning imperial then changed to metric.

With water, I generally express in PSI due to the incriments being smaller. The nozzells on the srays are also spec with litres per minute at PSI figures. And that are from Europe. Go figure?

Paul

I'm so vintage that I remember pounds, shillings and pence; then it was decimalization, now its Euro and cent. The only thing that hasn't changed is that I was broke then and I'm still broke now ;)

Irish roads are now metric - km's everywhere - our speedo's are calibrated in km/hr but we still drive on the "wrong" side of the road. Given that 300m North Americans and 200m Europeans drive on the left, that's good enough for me. Good job that tractors are ampidextrous.

Thinking about it though, it is easier to say "put 30 psi in the tyre" than say put "2.1 bar in it".

For wood, ..."cut a piece of that 4 by 2" rolls of the tounge a lot easier than .."cut a piece of that 100 by 80". Maybe we need a set of combo measurements?

On engine power, people always seem to speak in terms of HP. I don't believe I've ever heard anyone talk about KW.

Confused....don't worry, so are the rest of us.

Have a Happy Christmas/Holiday everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back