• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5245 loader install

apm

Level 2
First name
APM
I've got a 5242 that came with a bush hog loader. The loader hoses hook into the rear remotes. I'd like to free up the rear remotes for other purposes but still need to have the loader available.

On the cover (under the differential) that the hydraulic pump bolts onto, I've got a threaded hole that's plugged. Is that a pressure port that the loader supply line could be run to? What to do with the loader return line (from the valve). What's a normal way to hook up the loader without using the remotes?

Thanks,
Greg

Yes thats a pressure port.
However your lift and external spool valves are open center, so you have to select the spool valve to press against a closed quick coupler to get pressure to that port, otherwise it will run off to the sump again through the open centers.

OK, so I've found in the Zetor workshop manual that there is an optional plate available to replace the original pump mounting plate on the differential housing. The optional plate has two threaded ports and is designed to allow a loader install at the plate instead of at the remotes. Does anyone know if the original plate can be modified to serve the same purpose? According to the manual, one of the ports goes to the "in" side of the valve and the other goes to the power beyond on the valve. The return from the valve then gets "teed" into the return line in front of the filter.
thanks,
Greg

I got the optional plate for a home made loader for our 3320. You could drill out your old plate and mess around for weeks. But do yourself a favor and just spend the money - you'll be happy you did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back