• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5245 steering cylinder seal kit?

krankyfarmer1

Level 2
First name
James
trying to figure out which seal kit I need on a newly purchased 5245, tractor has a loader on it so its a tight squeeze to see the shaft for the steering, it appears to have a snap ring on the outside and part of a gasket or seal around the cylinder shaft(why it is leaking). only leak on this tractor.. I have checked with Ridgeway Enterprises in AR. they have 2 seal kits but not sure which one I need, I do not see any numbers or tags on this cylinder that I can physically see, anyone with knowledge would be great.
Thank you

Your cylinder is indeed held together with a wire that you have to take out to release the seals inside. Unfortunately I can't give you a number for that model maybe someone else on here might know, but it's not too big of a job to change them as I have done that type many a time before.

Hi
The power steering cylinder gasket set can have several difrent Zetor parts numbers 55113900,55113940,70113999,938302 but are identical.
Bjarne

thanks diy farmer
I got a picture but im not even sure I can post it up in here, not seeing a way to load it, they guy I spoke with in Arkansas asked me if it was welded, told him this was all new to me the zetor that is...

Your cylinder is indeed held together with a wire that you have to take out to release the seals inside. Unfortunately I can't give you a number for that model maybe someone else on here might know, but it's not too big of a job to change them as I have done that type many a time before.

What is considered welded I have no idea what they are talking about, I do have a person from Ridgeway calling me back..
Thanks.

I got a picture but im not even sure I can post it up in here, not seeing a way to load it, they guy I spoke with in Arkansas asked me if it was welded, told him this was all new to me the zetor that is...

Here's a video on YouTube shows how to take apart a cylinder that's got a wire keeping it together.

Video is deleted from youtube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back