• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5711 engine

colinoleary

Level 2
First name
colinoleary
how ya
i jus got a 5711 scrap tractor, jus for backup for own one,

it will start ok but two problems, the excess fuel button is stuck in and when ya let the trottle in one position the engine races up and down? any idea

ok then

spray the excess fuel button with wd 40 leave it to soak for a while. then gently tap the side of the big nut it is inside of usuall they will come free! it sounds to me like your engine is surgeing. have you checked weither there is oil in the pump? there is 2 pointsunderneath the lift pump is a bunk 13mm head i think udo this and oil should come out. if not put it back in and to the side of the lift pump is a metal pipe which goes the from the pump down the side of the engine remove this and use an oil can and fill with fresh engine oil. then refit the pipe. on the rear end of the pump ther are 2 bungs one above the otherremove the bottom one to drain old oil out then refill through the top one.

fire her up and she should settle down within a few minutes

matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back