• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5745 3 point linkage

M

michael

I have a 5745, I have most of the controls sorted out, but I cannot seem to get the 3 point linkage to operate, my guess is that either it isn't working or my brain isn't. Could someone give me the sequence of opertation required to operate them so I can at least decide whether it requires repair or not. ( or direct me to somewhere on the forum pages, it may may been covered somewhere before)
Regards
Michael

Hi Michael, The hydraulic pump is driven from the PTO, so you need the PTO in gear. Put the left hand lever between your feet in the front position and if it has a 540/100 lever this must be in gear (540) also. The PTO clutch lever must not be pulled up. Mike

hi i have a 5718,just check your pressure lever below the seat,i think it has to be in the forward position for full pressure

Have tried what has been sudjested.PTO seems OK. But still no 3 point linkage operation, all that seems to happen is the inner control sppeds rthe revolutions of the PTO, the outer control does nothing. (The control marked S M P will not go into S, what is the function of this)

Not too sure what you mean by outer control. The S position is for Draft control, M is for Mix and P is Position control. Does the engine labour when you operate the tipping circuit ? (this is the spool valve lever beside the main lift lever). If it does then you have a stuck diff valve in the distributor inside the top cover. Mike

Sounds like I have a stuck valve, I'll investigate and let you know the outcome.( I'm working out of the operators and workshop manuals , they are very vague and I'm finding the forum very helpful)
Would the valve being stuck restrict the movement of the draft control to the s position?.
The manual describes the power lift response lever under the seat, which has been mentioned before(Preasure lever), this feels extremely free in movement, does this seem correct ?
( I assume to the right would be full on and the left low or off)
Thanks agian for your help .
Regards
Michael

Yes the flow divider lever is very smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back