• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6245 clutch pedal hardly moves

robbieh

Level 2
First name
OhioBuck8
Hello all. My 6245 has been sitting for over a year and now when I try to start it, I cannot press the clutch pedal down all the way, so the tractor will not start.

What should I do to try to fix it?

Thanks.

Hello all. My 6245 has been sitting for over a year and now when I try to start it, I cannot press the clutch pedal down all the way, so the tractor will not start.
What should I do to try to fix it?

If you want to see will the tractor just start. with it in neutral you disconnect the wires off the clutch safety switch and join the wires together and now you could try starting the tractor without needing to press in the clutch pedal.

Then you could open the clutch bleeding screw and release the fluid and maybe air, unless the clutch plate is seize.

Thanks for the reply. I would like to try that. Where would I find those wires?
Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I would like to try that. Where would I find those wires?
Thanks.

If you open off the red panel under the dash, where the clutch pedal is you will see a push in safety switch that is pressed in when the pedal is floored, what you do is disconnect the wires and join them together.

But if your going to try start the tractor now, !!!!WARNING!!!! be sure its in neutral and be sure you have room in front as the tractor could move forward as soon as she fires off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back