• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6245 hand brake adjustment

zetor6245maine

Level 1
First name
Trodge
Hello,

The hand brake on my Zetor 6245 is not catching until pulled almost all the way up. When I go in reverse now, the brake squeals. It feels like the brake is stuck on. There is definitely resistance when I go in reverse. Is there an adjustment I can make on the hand brake to fix this? I am wondering if the hand brake got stuck on, wore down and now is continuing to grind. Hopefully it just needs a hand brake adjustment.

I am wondering if an adjustment can be made here:

1692540740951.png
Thank you

To adjust the handbrake you need to look under the cab there's a vented hatch above the brake drums, under that find M16 adjuster rods with a locking nut, loosen off the locking nut then adjust slack with a socket. But to find them catching usually sounds like the brakes themselves are worn out.

This is sane guy who started the post. Found problem. The major issue was the L shaped piece in my photo where the spring and brake lines attach, that needed oil. It was sticking. Brakes are working good again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back