• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6340 clutch

olredhead

Level 2
First name
olredhead
Hello all, just signed on and have a question. Have the opportunity to buy a 6340 at a very decent price but the tractor has been sitting outside in the Okla weather for two years and the clutch is stuck. The cylinder moves the linkage but the clutch never disengages. The tractor only shows 1740 hrs and other than the weather no signs of abuse. I have been given an estimate of $500 to break the tractor down and replace the clutch. Question is , is this figure in the ballpark and are clutches a weak spot with Zetors. Looking thru the forums I don't see many problems mentioned. Thanks in advance--

you dont need to replace the clutch, its just the clutch plates that "freeze" together.
Hook it up to a tree, put it in gear and press the clutch pedal down. The clutch will free within just a few attempts.

After thinkin' on this last nite I have another question, or maybe two. What gear would you suggest and why would the clutch freeze in the first place? I know heat plus condensation = rust but have never had a tractor do this before and have let some sit for a "long " time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back