• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8011 fuel related problem

J

Jim

I have an 8011 Zetor that has developed a strange problem. When shes been working hard for a while (4 hours or so mowing hay) I'm starting to get deisel into the oil pan. She is also leaking fuel at the banjo bolt that conects the return line to the pipe that goes back up to the filters. It's an extrenal leak down the outside og the fuel injector pump. Hope you guys and point me in the right direction on where to start. I changed the oil and the tractio runs fine. Solid as ever. It does not happen durning light work, i.e. moving wagons, etc..

I think the only place where oil and fuel come close together, are in the fuel pump.. However i thought that the oil bath of the fuel pump has no connection to the crankcase.. ???

.I'vejust found my parts catalogue there is a 17x28x7mm Oil seal on the fuel pump's driveshaft that must be letting excess fuel into the crankcase.Don't forget to drain the pump and refill it with fresh engine oil up to the leveling plug at every service.

The oil seal makes sence to me. I'm going to order one and give it a try. Thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out. Open for any other ideas.

Greetings,

I replaced the oil seal (old one wasn't shot but it was getting there, LOL) in the injector pump and I'm glad to say the problem is fixed. The second problem, of leaking fuel was a sealing washer at the banjo bolt (new washer took care of the problem).

Thanks to you guys for your assistance. Turned out to be an easy fix (cheap to). I'm sure the problem was self induced, we didn't change the oil in the injector pump enough (it will be changed every 100 hours like the engine oil from now on, LOL).

Thanks for the reasearch work crystalman.

Jim

That's OK,glad to help out. I love it when I can fix something for almost no cost and it makes my Zetors run better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back