• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8011 heater core/ axel seal

ken

Level 1
First name
Ken
Gents:
Is there a trick to removing the heater core on a 8011? Looks like they built the tractor around it. Mine leaks and I took a shot at taking it out but gave up.

Also, is it a hard job to replace the outer axel seal on the rear wheel ( left one as you sit on the tractor)? Mine leaks down onto the inside of the tire when it sits a few days.

Heater rad removal is a bit of a fiddle but it can be done, remove the fan first, undo the hoses from the space behind the engine and then the demist hose then remove the holding bolts for the rad and it will come out.
Here's a link to the w/shop manual page for the Axle housing. Always replace both the half axle seals and the one between the brakes and the diff. GUFERO is an oil seal. you dont need the special tools to take apart and re assemble

<a href="http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r13/dpeters_01/?action=viewt=IMG_0001.jpg" target="_blank"> alt="Crystal axle"></a>

So the rad core comes out from the top inside the tractor?

I tried your link for the axel seal replacement but it didn't work.
Ken

Rad core comes out backwards after the panels from the dash down to the floor are removed.
Sorry, but I don't know why the link doesn't work, I've not had a problem before. I'll play with it again this evening.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r13/dpeters_01/IMG_0001.jpg

This link worked on my wifes computer just now !!
The descriptions that are relevant to your enquirey are item nos 6 & 7 in the text.

Dave:
Presto! it works. Got the info, thanks. Your method on the heater removal is much appreciated too. I haul two wagons 9 tonnes of soybeans 13km to the elevator in the cool to cold fall and do it 8-10 times so a heater is a must.
Ken
ps I've had this old 8011 for about 5 years and it has been a good tractor, it sat in a shed for 14 years unused, tires are original and it burns no oil. Replaced the hydraulic pump. Use it to pull a no-till drill and hual to the elevator, about 150hours a year. FYI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back