• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8111 40 K gear box

dave56

Level 2
First name
Dave56
Just wondering when did Zetor update the crystal to a 40 k box. I am driving a 1992 8111. It does 40 kmh with a 12 foot trailer load of heavy clay. Measured it with a garmin sat nav. Speedometer out of order since I bought it. Was it only the late models in the early 90's that had it?

Yes only late models. It became available at the same time as the 16145 was sold with a 16 speed transmission like the smaller models (the first gear was left out for the 16045 and 16145 because the torque on the transmission would be too high: In the 16145 with 40k box, they had an overdrive gear acting as the 4th speed, where the ratios of former gear 2 3 and 4 acted as gear 1 2 and 3)

However there are plenty of examples of 12145;s fitted with an aftermarket turbo, which did fine at 158 PTO hp.

I can tell you Tom it rattles more than your teeth.I can really only open it up on main roads and very smooth secondary roads even then you have to be vigilant for any bump or rough tar patch. it really could rattle the bejaysus out of ya alright.
And there is quiet a kick back when you pull back the torque slowing down from top speed.
So basically renze when I am in first gear in the high torque it is the equivalent of being in second gear high on the older crystals.
As I said the speedometer was not working. I only noticed I was faster than normal when I left a Ford 8630 (ith its 18 speed power shift) for dust on the road .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back