• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8145 4wd

Australia brenten5

Level 2
First name
smash n machine
Hi all I'm trying to figure out why the 4wd in my 8145 I purchased awhile isn't working, I haven't had it working since I have owned it, and need it working shortly to pull my offset uphill as my 8011 just can't get enough traction.

I currently have it split to do the clutch etc so I have the drive shaft for the front diff off, 4wd being hydraulicly activated I would have thought that I could turn the shaft that comes out of the 4wd box by hand but it won't budge, is this normal?

I also pulled the little push pull thing apart and checked it out and it's ok and also getting a new cable fitted as the old one had rusted inside.

Can anything else go wrong inside the box?

Ok I have it working after I got the new cable fitted and now have full movement of the valve inside the distributor block, since that is working properly now I have found out that 4wd is on in its default, which means when the tractor is off and the when the little thing beside the seat is pulled it turns 4wd off not on like I had thought, the oil pressure is actually required to disengage 4wd not activate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back