• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

9540 electrical fire

carrick

Level 2
First name
Zed
Had a small fire under the floor of the 9540 tonight, luckily I had an extinguisher which took care of fire. 5 min later the starter engaged and I had no spanner to remove grill guard to isolate battery ( stupid place for isolator ) so ran battery flat.

Any idea if it is big job to rewire, or if a simple wiring diagram exists. Colour coding is not a strong point in this model...

The wiring in these tractors is quite simple and there are not many wires under the cabin floor. Cabin fuse boxes get their power from two red wires which come from the starter. Maybe you had one of these wires shortcutting and then the heat melted the starter solenoid wire which turned the starter on...

There is a wiring diagram in owner's manual , maybe it helps. You can download one here: Zetor service[/]

I did install fuses to those two main red wires, both were 30A if I remember correctly. I also measured currents in the main fuse box with a clamp multimeter and decided to put smaller fuses to some circuits because original fuses are all 16(?) A, no matter if its instrument lighting or wiper motor.

Thanks, was wire from battery coming in and as you say, fire melted starter wire.
All good again now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back