• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

sb

Level 2
First name
sb
hi guys am thinking of buying a 9540 . its a 1996 with the old type axle . is the lock much worse then the new type axle . and am told these only have 1 heater plug were as the newer ones had 4 . will this leave it hard to start . at min it starts very easly theres just over 2000 hours on it thanks

I have a 1996 Zetor 8540 and it's engine has four glow plugs. It starts easily even at under -10 celsius. This tractor also has old type front axle and I have not bad thing to say about it. :)

Zetor went to Carraro because their own axles were too expensive: They are allmost wheel loader axles, with a huge overcapacity. I havent heard bad about the Carraro, but the general opinion is that Zetors axles were beefier.

there is nothing wrong with the carraro axels they are just as strong as the zetor original axels. but the originals are good axels if you remember to change oil an grease the joints :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back