• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

A Bleeding question

brian_lofthouse

Level 2
First name
Brian Lofthouse
Can anyone tell me the best way to bleed the fuel system on our 7245. We are waiting for new copper washers coming, but I dont think the old ones are letting enough air in to keep stopping it every few minutes, its just that I'm not getting all the air out when bleeding. I was told to undo no.1 injector pipe and run the engine but it doesn't seem to get all the air out.
Maybe I should wait until the washers come.
Thanks for any advice
Brian.

We never detach any fuel lines to bleed...

Mostly, when thr tractor hasn't been running for some days, i just pump a few times with the hand pump till you hear the air squeek.

When i run out of fuel or changed the filters, i loosen the bleeding banjo bolt on top of the filter holders (19 mm wrench i think) and pump till no bubbles come out of the banjo bolt.

Mostly it lost the air in the injection lines within 5 crankshaft rotations, no reason to loosen a fuel line nut.

Thanks Renze, even the spanner size was correct.
Just thought I would let you know we got the copper washers today, most are not the right size but the ones I've put on have not made any difference. A mechanic has told me it must be the lift pump which isn't working properly, so he is ordering one and he is going to sort it out. I'll let you know how he gets on.

Yes the lift pump is a known trouble causer.
That's why we have to lift manually a 5 ot 6 strokes every morning.
If you want to be safe, get a new fuel suction hose too, Czech rubber is poor....

Just an update about the air getting into the fuel system and how we cured it, just in case anyone gets the same problem.
The new copper washers did'nt make much difference and the new lift pump did'nt, but at least the pump does pump air out faster, next we renued the two rubber pipes as Renze sugested, they looked alright but they must have been the cause because now no air gets in and its going well.
Only thing is when we took the tank off to put new pipes on we found the top of the tank was rusty and full of holes. so we had to renew that as well with a good second hand one.
Happy tractoring all, Brian..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back