• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Air compressor on 7745

mtomlin

Level 2
First name
Matt
Can somebody explain to me how to use the air compressor on my tractor? Do I need a special fitting to go into the water trap? Does the comp. bypass at a certain pressure or do I need to use a hose that has an fitting that releases pressure until its on the valve stem? Any suggestions or ideas?

THERE ARE 2 TAPS ON MY 6045 ONE TO OPEN FOR AIR TO BLOW TYRE AND ONE TO SWITCH COMPRESSOR ON YOU NEED A (ZETOR INFLATOR LINE) TO USE IT THEY ALL HAD THEM WHEN THEY LEFT FACTORY 69) BUT YOU CAN GET IT FOR 10 FROM SOME UK DEALERS

There is no pressure relief valve if your tractor isnt fitted with air brakes. So dont leave it pumping into peak pressure (as much as your compressor piston rings will hold) because this might cause serious wear and/or breakdown of the timing gears, as these drive the compressor also.

Could you specify your question a bit more plz ??

What kind of fitting do you use on the hose so you don't build up pressure before you get the chuck on the valve stem?

The standard Zetor hose included with new tractors (but often disappears at the first owner) has no locking valve or manometer, just a hose and a connection. You can allways add a manometer to watch the pressure, and when you take the hose off the valve stem, it will run free. I know this isn''t really accurate but maybe you could incorporate a 3 way valve too ???

I noticed an air compressor on my 7245 today. Can anyone tell me if its needed to run the tractor or is it just there as a handy accessory? Could potential damage be done to the geartrain if the compressor fails?

On a 7245 its not necessary. The later Super series had air operated 4wd, some versions sold in eastern europe and germany had an air operated crash splitter (no fancy friction plates, just a very beefy dog clutch, jammed on the go without declutching)

On a standard 12 series tractor the air compressor is turned off. Its only left in gear when the tractor is equipped with optional air brakes, air powered PTO clutch, or the air operated splitter gearbox.

If you just leave it pumping on a tractor without any of these options, (so, without a relief valve) the pulsating of the air compressor at uncontrolled pressures, can bust the keys on the timing gears. You dont want that. ;)

There is thin steel plate in one plug. It is located top of water separator. It does explode if preussure is getting too high. Im not sure is it older models, but 7711/7745 and newer i have found it.

Unfortunately, i know several accidents happened where compressor shaft have bended, because user have left compressor on and turned all plugs closed. Im not sure if those tractors havent got that "sure plug" or is it designed just for too big preussure....

Should the compressor be physically removed from my 7245 for precautionar reasons?

No, just disengage the dog clutch. It is locked so it can never engage on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back