• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Air in float bowl

dourobob

Level 2
First name
dourobob
Hi again
I posted earlier about the copper washer sizes and was able to get some at a local diesel repair shop.

I've gone over everythign (I think) from the tank, the line, the float bowl seal, the filters and seals, new copper washes in the banjo fittings at the bowl but I still get a little air in the float bowl when the tractor is running. Is this normal?

It sounds fine and when I increase the RPMs there is no hesitation but, after haveing been stranded in the field furthest from the barn and my tools (isn't that one of those laws??) I am reluctant to go very far until I have some idea that I will be able to get back without a lot of inconvenience.

Is a little air OK or do I need to go back over everything again. BTW Renze, I did repalce that little hose behind the bowl too - thanks.

Any comments or ideas on other places to check are surely welcomed.

Bob

Check the little primer/lift pump on the main injector pump;) they always leak some air when the rubber seals have worn out;)

The prime pumps are known to suck in air as well... Either teh fiber ring leaks, or the piston has cesed in the bottom dead point of its stroke. It aint a handy place to remove the bolt behind it, close to the engine block but you can do it with the correct socket, and socket spanner size. There is super small, small, regular ( i think it's 1/2" size of the square socket to ratchet connector) and large, 3/4" ratchet size.
I used the one but smallest which was just enough to get there, and also put on enough torque to loosen that bolt. Turning the fuel pump might help as well but make sure you mark the injection timing before you turn it, on the slotted flange !

Renze, on brother Gerlants computer (babysitting 2 future Zetor drivers;) )

I replaced the primer pump this afternoon and am still getting some air in the float bowl :( - not as much as before and I was able to use the tractor to push a little dirt in the barnyard for about ten minutes. I am not sure if it will continue to work for a sustained period but I only had ten minutes to spend on it today.
I also noticed a bit of fuel (very small amount - not much more than a bit damp) around both of the nuts that hold the filter canisters on. I have tightened them down as much as I can but there is still a minimal leak.
Might I need new washers there?
Is there anything that seals better than the copper washers? Anything else I should look at?

Thanks
Bob

No need to buy new copper whashers just warm them up until they are glowing with a flame. Then allow them to self cool.after u can use them again and they are as good as new. a little air in the bowl are normal. it has been like this on every zetor ive had and thats a few:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back