• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Battery Specification for a Zetor 4075

Windacrefarm

Level 1
First name
Keith

Machinery:
Zetor 4075
Can anyone advise me what size battery (AH and CCA) I require for an old Zetor 4075?
Currently have a 68 AH / 570 CCA battery fitted and it is making the starter strike but not turn over the engine.

Hello and welcome Keith! :)

What to heck is a Zetor 4075? Never heared from.

Do you mean a Zetor 4045? or a 7045?

Sorry, but I think the easyst way will be to upload a photo from your Zetor tractor so we can see what it is. ;)

Hello and welcome Keith! :)

What to heck is a Zetor 4075? Never heared from.

Do you mean a Zetor 4045? or a 7045?

Sorry, but I think the easyst way will be to upload a photo from your Zetor tractor so we can see what it is. ;)
Apologies 7045 ... I will take some photos tomorrow and add to my profile.

Apologies 7045 ... I will take some photos tomorrow and add to my profile.
It is not actually my tractor ... I have been trying to help an 80+ year old friend who is struggling to keep on top of things. The tractor has stood in the open for more than two years. A friend and I have blown up the tyres and towed it off the field and now want to get it running. I have enjoyed restoring classic cars as a hobby for years but never done anything tractor. I am sure I will be asking for a lot more help in the next few months so I apologise now.

A Zetor 7045 have original a 140 Ah lead-acid battery and a 45 or 55 A generator.

If he drives less, the tractor starts well and he start the tractor not so often then 75 or 80 Ah lead-acid battery can also work. But for winter its better th have a litle bit more capacity so 95 or 110 Ah will be better when 140 Ah lead-acid battery is to price expensive for your project.

A Zetor 7045 have original a 140 Ah lead-acid battery and a 45 or 55 A generator.

If he drives less, the tractor starts well and he start the tractor not so often then 75 or 80 Ah lead-acid battery can also work. But for winter its better th have a litle bit more capacity so 95 or 110 Ah will be better when 140 Ah lead-acid battery is to price expensive for your project.
Your English is a lot better than my German ... I really appreciate your replies and will see what is the best price I can get the bigger ampage battery for. I think it would be a good investment in the long term. I have read that the battery should have in excess of 1000 CCA cold cranking amps ... what do you think about that?

I think 1000 CCA is a good idea.

in my Zetor 5011 from 1984 works a 185 Ah battery (Excide truck battery) with 1.100 CCA, service free type. But I also redesigned the entire electrics, so I now have a 95 A alternator in the tractor so that the battery can be charged faster and I also made the cables stronger.
Limaumbau_11.jpg Batterie_Kasten_01b.jpg 1724136952993.png

They is now around 9 years in my Zetor 5011 with no trouble... starts without problems up to 35°C and down to -12°C :)

I think 1000 CCA is a good idea.

in my Zetor 5011 from 1984 works a 185 Ah battery (Excide truck battery) with 1.100 CCA, service free type. But I also redesigned the entire electrics, so I now have a 95 A alternator in the tractor so that the battery can be charged faster and I also made the cables stronger.
View attachment 1384 View attachment 1385 View attachment 1386

They is now around 9 years in my Zetor 5011 with no trouble... starts without problems up to 35°C and down to -12°C :)
That looks a great solution ... many thanks for your help .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back