• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Bolts for 5245 battery box

wbenchfarms

Level 2
First name
wbenchfarms
Need the bolt size that holds the battery box closed. I've tried M10 x 1.5 and M10 x 1.25. Both will start, but tighten up. Wondering if it's M10 x 1, but can't find them local. Lost mine in the snow this week when I had to change a battery, and can't locate my parts book at the moment.

If you had a set of taps you run one through it just in case the threads are not a bit damage

Thought about that, but with the old bolts I could run them all the way in by hand. I didn't think they'd be extra fine M10's, but hadn't had luck with the others.

Thought about that, but with the old bolts I could run them all the way in by hand. I didn't think they'd be extra fine M10's, but hadn't had luck with the others.

I wouldn`t have thought Zetor would use usual bolt sizes, whenever working on them only need a few spanners to fit the bolts.

I saw a picture of a battery box open on a 6211 and the bolts are short keeping the front closed, So if you put a small screwdriver into the hole and see how deep the holes are?

Could your new bolts are hitting the bottom.

No, the holes are open all the way through. The bolts that were in it before were about 40mm long. Guess I'm going to have to track down my parts book, or get a hold of a dealer to find out what size fits.

Got it figured out. They're M10x1.5. Must have got a bad bolt. Tried some different ones and no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back