• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Broken/ burnt out PTO Clutch - no hydraulics (Zetor 5745)

dvksoarer

Level 2
First name
Danny

Machinery:
Zetor 5745
Hi everyone,
First time posting a question on here.
Picked up my Zetor 5745 on the weekend, good old Facebook marketplace deal, so as you would expect it has a couple of issues.
as far as i can determine the PTO clutch is toast, with a hand in the adjustment hole it feels like the spline has torn out of the plate, so I'm up for splitting the tractor, which I'm ok with, I'll put a new drive clutch plate and release bearings in there at the same time
The PTO does operate in the ground speed PTO setting, but my question is should my hydraulics be operating in ground PTO or do I have a hydraulic pump or distributor issue aswell??
currently the three point not operational, and is movable by hand.
I am hopeful that replacing the clutch is going to fix all my issues, but ill be having a look at the pump and cleaning the inlet strainer this weekend.

old owner has passed away so no possibility of information on when/how this occurred

any help is much appreciated

1728494008676.png1728493595341.png1728493641553.png 1728494059899.png
1728493844919.png 1728493669784.png

Lever 6 (picture 5) is at 540 or 1,000 rpm pto and not at neutral?
Lever 4 (picture 4) is in the lowest or 2nd position from the bottom?
Lever 2 (picture 3) is at bottom?
Lever 4 (picture 6) is set on max?

If you can answer all 4 with yes and the hydraulic wont work - yes, then its time to look deeper. The clutch is a good idea...

I don’t know if this helps, but this is a picture of mine taken now:

Attachments

• IMG_3153.jpeg
    IMG_3153.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 9
thanks for the reply,
with the levers all as per your post nothing works, no PTO and no hydraulics.
what gear internally does the hydraulic pump actually run off??? does it run on the actual PTO shaft?? I'm trying to understand but seems there is a bit going on inside the transmission on this beast.
with the PTO in the above selection i can spin the PTO by hand with ease (engine off)
only time PTO operates is in ground speed setting.
ill drop the pump cover today and clean the screen as a precaution.

Your gearbox is similar to this one:
1728580015940.png
Hollow shaft 10 is moved forward and backward when switching the PTO and hydraulic pump. 9 is your PTO shaft.

with the PTO in the above selection i can spin the PTO by hand with ease (engine off)
Try again with the range and gear engaged when the PTO hand clutch is NOT disengaged. Then it shouldn't be possible because you would have to move the entire tractor to turn the PTO.
ill drop the pump cover today and clean the screen as a precaution.
Good idea - once you have removed it, you can also look at shaft 10 and see if it moves when you move the short left selector lever (PTO/hydraulic pump).

Your gearbox is similar to this one:
View attachment 1770
Hollow shaft 10 is moved forward and backward when switching the PTO and hydraulic pump. 9 is your PTO shaft.

Try again with the range and gear engaged when the PTO hand clutch is NOT disengaged. Then it shouldn't be possible because you would have to move the entire tractor to turn the PTO.

Good idea - once you have removed it, you can also look at shaft 10 and see if it moves when you move the short left selector lever (PTO/hydraulic pump).
thanks for the photo, i believe this will be very helpful, is their a possibility you could translate the parts in the list, Ive tried google translate but direct translation is often very poor and lacks information

Do you mean the transmission diagram? :unsure:

Right i have an update.
Ive pulled the hydraulic pump and cleaned the filter, this may be be the most neglected filter in history.
Ive attached a photo for you all to laugh/cry over.
hydraulic filter 5745.jpg

Also after a small bit of playing i have confirmed the PTO clutch plate is broken, turns out the 540-1000 PTO lever was in the wrong orientation, after some trial and error I managed to get it so if I spin the PTO by hand I can here the Smashed bits of clutch plate rattling around (yuck).
With a my phone videoing through the adjustment hole i was able to see the PTO input shaft spinning, which is a relief, knowing the gearbox is working correctly certainly gives me more enthusiasm for splitting it to do the clutch.
Parts for the clutch are around 3 weeks away so ill follow up with more info/photos as I go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back