• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

changing balls on the 3 point hitch lift arms

slowalker

Level 2
First name
slowalker
I have a 7245 and was wondering if and how you can change the balls on the end of the 3 point hitch lift arms ?
THANKS

Iff you see screws then you have to screw them, if not then I think you need to heat the outer part of the end.

Don't see any screws and heating the arm doesn't seem right, other makes of tractors you can turn them sideways and they will pop out ,other makes have a spring clip on one side to pop them out.

Hmm found this in google:
Default Re: 3 PTH lift ball replace

Your balls are held in place by a thick washer on one or both sides, depending on ... (Bet you never guessed that ) The washers are tack welded to the arms. Die grind the tack welds to release the ball. Insert the new one and reweld the keeper washer. If your balls are worn out, the easy change systems make a good alternative to replacement.

Hope this helps

THANKS
Wonder what the easy change system they refer to is?
That is what I'm looking for is the ability to change from the wider ball with the large center to the norrower ball with the smaller center then back again.

THANKS
Wonder what the easy change system they refer to is?
That is what I'm looking for is the ability to change from the wider ball with the large center to the norrower ball with the smaller center then back again.

might just be easier to use a bush (piece of pipe)in the big holes when required
may need to grind the sides of the wide balls if theyve got to fit in a slot on the implement.

ive often done this with top links aswell

you used to be able to buy cat 1 to cat 2 adapter bushes

I have been using the bushings as well ,I also ended up grinding down the top link on the end that goes to the implements.
The neighbor lent me a plow and I needed to bush the top link and the attach fittings ,not a big deal ,but the balls were to wide on my tractor and the narrow fitting on the plow were built right into the plow so a there was NO way to change them to longer ones to match the wider balls on the Zetor .So he just walked over to his Leland and turned and popped the norrow balls out of it and said here just use these .But when I got home the Zetor balls would not come out ,that is what started this thread, but I guess I could grind down the wide Zetor balls to fit.Just thought MAYBE I was missing somesome on the Zetor that allowed you to simply change from wide to narrow and back again.He showed me on his Ford that they had a simple clip that you removed and you could change the balls on it .I guess Zetor dropped the Ball on this one by not making them changable.
THANKS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back