• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Clutch and Brake Master Cylinders / Slaves

valley7245

Level 1
First name
Valley7245

Machinery:
Zetor 7245
On cold mornings, -25 Deg C or lower I am finding my clutch needs bleeding, and the fluid reservoir requires filling.
I have replaced the two hoses from the reservoir to the clutch, and brake master cylinders. I have replaced the line from the clutch master cylinder to the clutch slave.
I can not see any fluid leaking out - but the damn reservoir is empty after a couple of days if the temperature gets low at night.
My clutch, my brakes all work, only the clutch needs bleeding on a regular bases.

The tractor is a 1989 model, I have had it for 7 years - it is used to clear 15 driveways of snow each winter.

Any Ideas,suggestion as where to start would be appreciated
Valley7245

Hi,

It sounds like your leak is on either the brake balance valve or the wheel cylinders. If you have drum brakes it's difficult to tell if there's a leak but often one brake will not work as good as the other due to fluid on the shoes.

Mike

Solved the problem of the clutch needing to be bleed, and the fluid reservoir requires filling !

The clutch slave cylinder O-Rings were marked (grooved) such that there was a poor seal. Now that it is warm at night (0 Degree C) there is no problem. However, I have replaced the complete slave clutch cylinder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back