• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Clutch problem on 7321

rangerintexas

Level 2
First name
rangerintexas
I was using the 7321 to move some dirt. While in a forward gear I heard some kind of rattling noise for a short distance. Next time I pressed clutch it went all the way to floor and did not disengage. Tractor kept going - I had to shut off engine to stop the tractor. I looked at fluid resevoir and it was empty.

Clutch pedal just falls to floor with little pressure.

Questions:

What type of fluid should be put in brake/clutch resevoir?

Also, filler cap is practically impossible to get to without removing
top of hood. Am I missing an easier way to put fluid in reservoire?

What should be done in troubleshooting problem?

Thanks for your help with this problem!

The rattling noise cant be explained by a faulty brake cylinder.
I assume the throwout bearing failed. you can inspect it through a hatch in the side of the bellhousing.

If you kick too much oil in the slave cylinder you'll pop out the piston. Inspect the throwout bearing first.

I am not very familiar with these types of problems. In inspecting the throw out bearing through the hatch, what exactly am I looking for?

from the hatch you can see half the flywheel/clutch assembly and the throwout bearing.

If you actuate the lever, on which the slave cylinder actuates, with a pipe wrench or the such, check if you can see the throwout bearing push against the clutch assembly (it should push on the levers which you can see on the back of the clutch assembly)
Note: You'll find two sets of levers, adjusted at different depths. The first 3 are of the travel clutch, the deepest 3 are of the PTO clutch, operated by a separate throwout bearing.

Renze, Mike,

Thanks for quick replies. Now I have to get some time to check it out. Will post my findings or at least my attempt to further diagnose the situation.

More comments are welcome if there are some other thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back