• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Dashboard shift

D

Dave

Does anyone know the old Zetor models that had the gear levers on the dashboard? What were the model numbers of these machines?

Dave, are you from Canada. ?? The U.S. import started after the dashboard shift era, but Canada some of the last dashboard shifters.

Model numbers, check the history section, in the left-hand menu of this page. The last series, the 7 and 10 series, arent added yet but i'm working on it... (time is the problem)

The dash mounted lever looks strange if you have never driven an old Zetor but infact it works very well.The only disadvantage is when you are using a frontend loader with your right hand and then try to change gear with the left;)

Crystalman, i think your loader control valves are mounted in the wrong side of the cab... Arent English people to have everything left hand ??

No we are mostly right handed over here!Anyway most shuttle boxes have a Left Hand Reverse lever so it would be a little crowded on that side. We drive on the left as a reminder of ancient times so that if we meet anyone coming the other way we don't don't like the look of we can draw our swords on them;);) I believe Napoleon started the craze for driving on the right just to be different to the English!

No, no !! An old English king wanted this because he distrusted the continental folks !! ;) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back