• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Engage a PTO on Zetor 6211

N

Nat

If any one can help with this it would be appreciated...

we have just purchased a Zetor 6211 Tractor and need to find out how to work the PTO.
It has got several levers and we are not sure what is what. all else seems to work okay.
HELP!!
thanks
Nat

Wow, amazing, I have posted the thread above your post and pretty much asking the same question on a 5211. We purchased the manual and find it to be difficult to understand with terrible pictures that are refered to, but can't see.

Im suprised no one has replied. There are 2 levers on the floor One is the high-low The other is the p.t.o Down all the way is "full" pto Up is ground speed Somewere in the middle is some other stuff you dont really need. They look like big pencils i guess:sneaky: I have just sold my 3545 and am now looking to buy a 7245/7011/7045 model;)

Well if your 6211 is like mine I can tell you what i know, slightly different from Internash though.

If your sitting in the drivers seat there are two levers on the floor. The one on the left normally in the forward position is the pto lever and on the right is the low-neutral-high range selector. If you don't have a shuttle then there will be a swing lever more underneath your seat on the floor which allows you to select 540-neutral-1000 rpm. To the side of your seat you have the hand brake and hand clutch. to engage the pto you have to pull the hand clutch up move the pto selector lever one back (away form the bonnet) then release the hand clutch slowly and the pto will start. The positions of this lever are as follows, off-on-neutral-land drive if your 6211 is the same as mine and you have this lever in neutral then the hydrualics wont work, this is because the pump is in the backend, Renze can give you more info on this if required.

So hopefully I have'nt insulted your intelligence and this answers your probelm. If not ask again.

btw. the 6211 is a great tractor...

I dont know which country you are from but i have never seen a 6211 (or any zetor ) with the lever working like that. In the uk it is always down for full pto and up for ground speed;) I guess they changed it for different countries??? All the zetors i have used work like this. Mr gregor seems to be the expert69) so I guess i must be blind:sneaky:

Hi Internash,

Im in Scotland, UK. And can say that every zetor in that range seem to be like that and i have a 6211 and a 7245 which are both like that. Maybe my explanantion is confusing.

Have a look at this pic
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280039649573&indexURL=6&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

this shows the left lever fully forward and the right fully back. So the pto is off and the tractor is in high range.

Also, i just remebered, the red cover for the dash board has a small b/w sticker which shows all this and the main drive gears, also shown on this pic and on both of mine.

All my zetor including 6011 has pto lever that works like the one internash says:sneaky: Only my new proxima and forterra works different but i know a dealer that changed the levers and gearbox sliders to stop them sticking in the up position most of my zetor was bought from that dealer. it is more reliable and does not need fixing all the time;) Possibly internash also has zetor from the same dealer???

I wonder if its a case of confusion. I dont want to fall:(, out with people, when Im just saying the way mine are. I do enjoy this forum. I wonder if you guys use the neutral position and dont maybe 'realise' that full forward is also an off position. I have a pic of the sticker like I was talking about previously, but cant post it here (because i dont know how to do that).

Like I Said.... the dealer changes the sliders and levers around some way so it dosent stick (like it normally does on these models ) Mine (and probably internash's) work this way (down) up is the off position;) (It was not this way before the dealer changed it) So... internash is not wrong and you are not wrong they just work differently:)

Thank you zetormatic;) I think also someone has been fidling with the gearbox??? I have driven many zetors and they all work the same way (down) they were all supplied by the local dealer also:)

Hi Popeye

That's good that another tractor works the way I said. I was beginning to loose confidence in myself. I think we are agreed, with Internash's help , that some mods happen and hence this lever works in different ways.

Hey guys,
I don't know for there, but Zetors here (since 7 series) has from down:
Hydaulics - PTO+Hyd - Neutral - Through gears (5+R) without Hydraulics.

Where's a difference???

Same way over here ZJ ;)

Hey all,
I am in Australia with the PTO clutch leave to the left of the seat, rear facing oppisite to the hanbrake leaver.
PTO enguage on the floor slightly to the left of centre, All the way forward / down for 0 PTO.
Ist notch up for revs enguage. Second notch for neutral and thurd notch for gear drive PTO (ground speed)
12 inches to the right is the high neutral and low range selectors with the 540 to 1000 PTO in the middle.
The manual (original ) reflect the same set up so it was not a dealer thing in OZ. Defidantly from the factory. The manual is English only.

Any comments?

Hi Paul,

Im glad:) another person has the same as the way I described it. It seems that this is the way 'all' the 6211 are but some as mentioned above have had modifications.

:)Hello Gregor, this is my first reply so its good to hear someone is listening.
We bought ourfirst Zetor in 1970 and have 4 in the family now. Trouble is with the close in Motokov years ago, Zetors into Oz are not well marketted or supported. I believe after holding up to No 2 in the market place for many years, the death rattle for Zetor in Oz is sounding close.:(
All the best

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back