• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

high houred Crystals 8011

ts115

Level 2
First name
TS115
any body know what high hours some of the Crystals 8011 got to? and did the tractor need much repairs in order to reach those hours. Just wondering how good was the 8011 engine

my fathers first crystal8011 bought brand new in 1978. had over 11000 hour on the clock it had gone round the clock&stopped with just over 1100, when it was traded-in in1990. ofcourse it could have done more, the drive elbow was very poor on the early models& when it broke after couple of times after warrenty was out he didnt bother fixing them,he say its not stopping the tractor,this tractor got a complete engine overhaul at 8000hrs.

(up date) i actully saw our old 8011 at a vintage run over the christmas,only for the number plate i would`t have known it,a great paint job,inside of cab was like a rollsroyce,but now has a 6cyl perkins engine&sound like a truck.was talking to owner,he has it 3years saved it from the crusher,its now retired,only used for shows&some hobby farming.

i have a 1989 12145 and it has just clocked 13300 hrs and its never had a spanner on the engine /gearbox /axles which is a 45kph but sits at 33mph ??...but has had lots of brake disc's and a 12/24 starter switch ..but other then that its a good bit of kit ...service it every 500hrs and drove it myself for last 22years ..even on it's original clutch ..cabs getting a bit rotten round the edge's ..Duncan type ..but have a brand new one ready to fit ...should last another 22years lol..

your a lucky person to get such good service from a 12145, i bought a 12145&12111 together,both with 40k boxs,i never stopped putting stuff into them,even up to the day the 12111 left my yard i could made a list of things she would needed for the coming season,

great info lads, have just purchased a 1974 Zetor Crystal 8011 with 2900 hours, shes in great shape with the original round back lights and even has her back wiper and its working. Shes going to be used for shows and maybe some very light farm work.

all down to the way a machine is looked after, treat it well and regular servicing and it will treat you well , abuse it and ull pay the price in down time aswell as in da pocket !

thats all&good in a tractor u drive yourself to tip around in,but when i bought 2 120hp 6cylinder zetors new,you don`t expect to have constant problems everyday your at silage.

its like out else ...90%of all break downs is the result of the nut between the seat and steering wheel ....and the other 10%just bad luck ....

what percentage is it ? when you have a waterpump go one day fix that, then a seal go in the front axle fix that,then a bearing go on the other wheel.

sounds like you got a tractor built in martin on friday afternoon. Just as well you are diy, the labour bill for a tractor like that would bankrupt you.

just aswell she`s gone back there they can have a second go at building her, or do more research into what was wrong in the first place????????????

the labour bill for a tractor like that would bankrupt you.

its only the tip of the iceberg i didn`t want to bore or frighten ye with all the details of we changed over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back