• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question How? pto to turn counter clock wise at ZTS 16245

berry farmer

Level 2
First name
Keith

Machinery:
ZTR 16245
I need help !. I need the pto to turn counter clock wise to use my lift pump. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks
462565161_1052234236168349_3516256751036056849_n.jpg

Hello and welcome Keith. :)

As far as I know, the Zetor 16045 has two PTO operating modes:
- Engine-dependent 540/1000 rpm
- Gear-dependent speed depending on the gear engaged and also in reverse
1728455550832.png 1728455902099.png
Please note the instructions in the operating manual for switching on the gear-dependent PTO!
Please note also that the 6-toothed (d= 35 mm) end piece can transmit a maximum of 45 kW of power, the 21 (d=35) up to 74 kW and the 20 (d=45) can transmit the full PTO power.

I have never heard of been able to do this, in one of these type tractors. We had a 14145 didn't anyway. That lever on the floor eventhough it has a badge on the side shows PTO 540/1000. It didn't put it into 1000 there and the other positions were neutral. The only big zetor I had with ground speed was a Forterra 10641, which was replaced by economy on the HSX.

Can I asked what machine are working that you call "lift pump". Your lift pump is your hydraulic pump in the tractor, on the left side. So you talking about something else?

I have never heard of been able to do this, in one of these type tractors. We had a 14145 didn't anyway. That lever on the floor eventhough it has a badge on the side shows PTO 540/1000. It didn't put it into 1000 there and the other positions were neutral. The only big zetor I had with ground speed was a Forterra 10641, which was replaced by economy on the HSX.

Can I asked what machine are working that you call "lift pump". Your lift pump is your hydraulic pump in the tractor, on the left side. So you talking about something else?
1728467685571.png
This is our lift pump. It moves water from our pond to flood our bogs to harvest cranberries.

Last edited:
... or you use such a reversing gear to convert. That works with every Traktor.

1728469332707.png

That picture of the pump, I think it would be called something else, over here. To be it looks like a slurry agitator. We use them to mix cattle slurry in our underground concrete tanks. Some of them do have clockwise and anti clockwise gearboxes fitted with 2 PTO stubs you can change your shaft to choose between mixing or lift the slurry and transferring the slurry out the top, which looks like what your doing. The gearboxes Joachim is showing is the only way you can do that, as the tractor doesn't have the ability to do this, as far as I know anyway.

Can I ask? is that your ZTS 16245 in the picture? as it has a cab off the older model. I had several of the ZTS model in the past and they all had the newer square style cabs.

Can I ask? is that your ZTS 16245 in the picture? as it has a cab off the older model. I had several of the ZTS model in the past and they all had the newer square style cabs.
Remember that the UK and Ireland got Duncan cabs on the UR2 2 series, we got a different one.

I need help !. I need the pto to turn counter clock wise to use my lift pump.
I just wonder, which manufacturer builds a pump that needs to turn counterclockwise ?

Indeed a slurry agitator gearbox would be best. It has two input shafts and one output, so you can push and pull with it, depending on which stub you put the PTO shaft to.

As far as I know, the Zetor 16045 has two PTO operating modes:
- Engine-dependent 540/1000 rpm
- Gear-dependent speed depending on the gear engaged and also in reverse
What i am not sure of, is if the ground speed PTO works while not driving.

On the UR1 its connected after the main 5 speed output, you can use it with the hi lo range in neutral, but you dont get high and low range PTO speeds.

On the UR2 you can choose high low and reverse range, so apparently the tractor must drive in order to spin the PTO.

A local contractor had a driven axle under a silage shuttle bunker behind an Ursus, worked phenomenally well to get through the wet spots.

wp1dc4d30d_05.jpgwpae2c6f42_05.jpg

On the UR2 you can choose high low and reverse range, so apparently the tractor must drive in order to spin the PTO.
Thats possible - the user manual is not so clear at this point. I think your right. :)

Remember that the UK and Ireland got Duncan cabs on the UR2 2 series, we got a different one.
I wasn't talking about Duncan cabs, I mean a ZTS cab off like a 10245. They are square and have a square windscreen on the front and you pressed down on the pedals, they come up through the floor like on the UR11 models or the ones with Duncan cabs. Also the ZTS cabs were the same colour as zetors while duncan ones were red. In Ireland we could not buy brand new tractors with duncan cabs, they all came with zetor ones on the UR11 models, any you have seen in Ireland duncans were imported from the UK.

What i am not sure of, is if the ground speed PTO works while not driving.
No ground speed doesn't work when not moving. I had it on my 10641 and it will work going either in reverse or forward while your moving but once you stop, it stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back