• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello I am Martin, and this is my new Zetor 7245

I think it's classic damage caused by standing around for a long time and humidity.
Brake fluid absorbs water, brake and clutch cylinders rust, condensation in the gearbox (and then rust), etc.
I've seen this many times, especially Zetors that have few hours despite being old, are often technically worse than those that are used daily and then serviced.

I think it's classic damage caused by standing around for a long time and humidity.
Brake fluid absorbs water, brake and clutch cylinders rust, condensation in the gearbox (and then rust), etc.
I've seen this many times, especially Zetors that have few hours despite being old, are often technically worse than those that are used daily and then serviced.
I've already replaced all the brake lines, brake cylinders, and the handbrakes. I've changed every filter, replaced the cracked hydraulic pump plate, and changed the hydraulic oil. Now, I just need to figure out the low engine oil pressure and fix a small leak in the brake fluid hose from the reservoir to the pedal. I also want to check the valve clearance and possibly replace the head gasket to extend the life of our family tractor. :)

I have no previous mechanical experience, except for rebuilding an old single-cylinder motorbike engine. :)

I've already replaced all the brake lines, brake cylinders, and the handbrakes.
Do you use for all cylinders "ATE brake cylinder paste"? Or du you mount the new ones like they came out of the box?

Now, I just need to figure out the low engine oil pressure
Therefore I wrote yout some stuff...

fix a small leak in the brake fluid hose from the reservoir to the pedal.
Do you use DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid? DOT 4 can damage hoses made in NBR. Better use DOT 3 and have no trouble with...

I never seen that style cab on any model tractor in Ireland, where they only exported to certain countries?

possible...

Its the slawakian cab version, litle bit smaller than the BK 6011, but metal roof instead of GFK and so better for forest workers. But in hot summers, the czech BK 6011 would be much better to cool as the BK 7011 with metal roof.

First generation on series 9
ca1312.jpg

second: comes up with series 10
1551760_232732396899543_1730105243_n.jpg

third on series 12:
5245_654654646.jpg

4. and last generation on 3320 up to 7340 Turbo:
zetor_5340.jpg

The 6011 picture were here OK, But the 7245 with a Crystal cab is different. All them other pictures would never get in Ireland, they all looked like the one in your profile picture.

I have a Zetor 5011 from 1984 with over 8.000 h with the series small cab:
2203_schleppen.jpg
OK, it even has the roof of the BK 7011 cabin from the successor (I converted it like that because I wanted a roof hatch and because I was given the roof as a gift) and the rear window is also frameless (converted myself) and instead of the standard latch it has a 3-stage locking mechanism like in the Case Maxxum.

And my Zetor 7340 from 1997 with 3.800 h with the series big cab BK 6245 (with roof from BK 6011 cab)
1728239384471.png

Yes that picture of the 7340 is the only cab style we had in Ireland. it's basically the same style from 7011 up to the 7340. One with a Crystal cab would been cool if it had to be an option.

What is for you on the Crystal cab better as the original Zetor CZ cab BK 6011 or the latest type BK 6245 ? I have never heared this wish, so sorry for asking that.

Her as last a Zetor 7745 with original slowakia cab BK 7011
20210430_160343.jpg
This Zetor is from one out of my family - here on my yard for some reparations 2 years ago.

And before you say anything about my house, it's from around 1850 and not as big inside as it looks from the outside. A house built from clay and wood... 😁

Last edited:
We had a 6718, a 7245, a 7745 and a 7340 all had the same more or less identical cab. The reason of having a crystal is the side windows could open as the other cabs were a little furnace, it also looks a much nicer shape and you have an unusual cab series in Ireland. Would been one of a kind at that time.

I absolutely agree with you about the small UBK 6911 (Zetor 5011 to 7045 series cabin). There is no way to open the roof or a side window - unless you take the door off. That would ruin you in the middle of summer when it's 38°C outside... disaster!
The BK 6011 (wide cabin, from Zetor 5211 to Zetor 7745 Turbo) has a roof hatch that opens wide and, above all, the upper door windows can be opened outwards by about 15 cm. The roof hatch is of little use, especially as the sun is often still shining on your head. But the opening windows in the doors let the airflow in very well and it is cooler than the "cooling air" of the air sucked in above the windscreen and preheated by the engine exhaust air.
The effect on the BK 6011 is similar to that on the Zetor 7520 to 10540 where you can lock the door that opens to the front when it is opened by about 12 cm and also get cooler air than from the roof cabin ventilator.

But they both have one thing in common - if you use the opening function, it gets noticeably louder inside. So in summer you can choose between going deaf or suffocating. ;)

The BK 6245 (Zetor 3320 to 7340 Turbo) works the same way, but it is even better insulated and soundproofed. It is also worth mentioning that the air intake at the top of the roof has been significantly improved in terms of filtering compared to the BK 6011 (paper filter), but the air here is sucked in from below directly at the top edge of the windscreen... so it is potentially even warmer.

The older cabins from 7er and 9 series also had problems with the heat. They still had the pop-up roof but no insulated cabin floor and no proper insulation from the engine. In the summer, massive amounts of heat came from the engine and transmission...

I don't want to say anything about the appearance, for me they all have their charm, it was just the spirit of the times. :)

The first UR2 Crystal cabin was of course absolutely modern for its time and Zetor was the first European tractor manufacturer to have a standard safety cabin that also looked modern and had large glass surfaces. What I wouldn't like so much is how the doors open. But that's a matter of taste, there's no arguing about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back