• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Injector pump pressure relief

Australia brenten5

Level 2
First name
smash n machine
Does anyone know how to get to the pressure relief on the injector pump on a 8145 to find out why it's not releasing pressure

Could you explain yourself a little clearer ? I have never heard of injector pumps having a pressure relief, so you must mean something else..

I'm a never ending mission to find out what is wrong with this injector pump after sitting for 4 years and after a quick talk with the bloke from zetor direct he told me it sounded like the pressure relief/release ontop of the pump could be the issue, my workshop manual has no information on it, I assume it's what let's the fuel return back into the tank which I think it's not doing.

I found a little info on some really old topics on this forum but nothing really relevant to the actual mechanism but enough to tell me that fuel should be able to return at only a few psi, little enough so it can return even by hand priming it, I don't think it's returning at all.

I know this is an old post but no one answered your question so I'll try to. ....

There is a fuel return line (solid tube) on the back of the injector pump that is fixed to the pump with a banjo bolt. That banjo bolt contains the pressure relief valve which is just a steel ball and spring held in place with a smaller bolt.

If you can look behind the IP you'll see a bolt in a larger bolt. That is the pressure relief banjo bolt.

Hope I'm making sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back