• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

John Deer: "We're a technology company."

Oh my God... please don't take this the wrong way, but the video is complete self-congratulation on JD's part.

And as expected, the only solution to all problems is continued growth. If we don't have more arable land, the technology for it will have to become more and more complex and expensive so that we (JD) can continue to grow and make more profits...

I think that's a crazy belief in unlimited growth. The fact is, our earth will not grow, resources are limited and we should learn to deal with that.

Instead of more, more, more, we should start to look critically at our previous actions and think of new ways.

Only the large farms will be able to afford the self-driving robots, or rather the ones that are getting bigger and bigger. Until one day we wake up and wonder how we could have let ourselves become so dependent on a few large agricultural companies.

Sorry, but I can't see anything good about the video - it just gives me a bit of a chill.

And as expected, the only solution to all problems is continued growth. If we don't have more arable land, the technology for it will have to become more and more complex and expensive so that we (JD) can continue to grow and make more profits...
Many farmers sell their computerised R series and go back to 50 series tractors they can repair without having the dealer unlock a replacement part in the tractors software. So the only way forward for Deere is selling new tractors to bigger farms. Current sized farms are happier being independent with older equipment.
Only the large farms will be able to afford the self-driving robots, or rather the ones that are getting bigger and bigger. Until one day we wake up and wonder how we could have let ourselves become so dependent on a few large agricultural companies.
Yup... when the market gets saturated, they promote farmers to create a new market for Deere. Which means ongoing consolidation..

Funny thing is, in my area Deere is winning terrain on New Holland because the dealer doesnt run fast for a farmer who is making silage and the NH breaks down... you can get service when there is no contractor standing still. The green dealer seems to treat customers equally, though shortage of skilled mechanics seems an industry wide problem..

So there are opportunities for a reintroduction of Zetor in the Dutch market, if they have a 200hp six pot.

Oh my God... please don't take this the wrong way, but the video is complete self-congratulation on JD's part.
Oh, yeah - and I wouldn't expect less from an big, but independent content creator: it's just like the beginning for most people from digital publicity/marketing areas: they need some big sponsors to keep the wheel turning.

;)

Many farmers sell their computerised R series and go back to 50 series tractors they can repair without having the dealer unlock a replacement part in the tractors software. So the only way forward for Deere is selling new tractors to bigger farms. Current sized farms are happier being independent with older equipment.
Ditto! 👌👌👍👍👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back