• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello New to the Zetor world

DiamondKCody

Level 2
First name
Cody

Machinery:
Zetor 5245
Hello all, my name is Cody. I’m from Houston, Texas. Over the weekend my dad and I picked up a zetor 5245 from a long time friend for $4,000. So far only issues I’ve found is the ignition switch is bad and has to be jumped off from the solenoid, the linkage for the 3 point is missing entirely, no brakes, also looks like the linkage may be missing, and lastly I couldn’t get it to come out of low gear. Aside from those minor issues the tractor is in great shape and only has 800 hours.
I’d like to get more info on the tractor. I cannot find ANY 5245s for sale on Facebook marketplace within 250 miles. Can’t find and manuals without having to buy them and they don’t look to be legitimate.
Anyways. Thanks for taking the time read.
IMG_3303.jpegIMG_2135.jpegIMG_9934.jpeg

Side note, figured out there’s no linkage for the 3 point, it’s on a keyed shaft. So any input helping me figure out A-check the fluid level and B-if fluid level is correct, what to do next to get the 3point working. Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome Cody! :)

Can’t find and manuals without having to buy them and they don’t look to be legitimate.
Its free and directly from Zetor tractors a.s. (CZ)

the linkage for the 3 point is missing entirely,
Can you please some better photos to let me see more? Thanks

no brakes,
Check break fluid first (DOT 3) - if she looks dark, then its water in the fluid and possible rust too.

and lastly I couldn’t get it to come out of low gear.
What exactly means you can not?

Hello and welcome Cody! :)

Its free and directly from Zetor tractors a.s. (CZ)

Can you please some better photos to let me see more? Thanks

Check break fluid first (DOT 3) - if she looks dark, then its water in the fluid and possible rust too.

What exactly means you can not?
I followed the link to zetor and it not sure if I’m doing something wrong but once I get to the page with the sub category for my tractor there’s no clickable links to download anything.

the linkage part I figured out. I’m not sure what technically it’s called but instead of the lever for the three point working a cable it’s on a shaft that goes underneath the seat. Currently trying to figure out if I’m low on fluid or if I’m going to have to pull that valve body thing off and rebuild the internals of it. I’ve seen in other posts people talking about some sort of roller getting stuck possibly, not sure.

Lastly for the brakes. After closer inspection the brake reservoir is actually cracked and there is no fluid in it.

I’ll get more pictures later today or tomorrow.

I followed the link to zetor and it not sure if I’m doing something wrong but once I get to the page with the sub category for my tractor there’s no clickable links to download anything.
1723016668360.png 1723016720358.png
For me it works without trouble to download them.

Lastly for the brakes. After closer inspection the brake reservoir is actually cracked and there is no fluid in it.
Sounds like you have to do a rework at your brake system as former owners havent do anything they should better haved to do. :(

I’ll get more pictures later today or tomorrow.
OK, let us see then ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back