• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Noise from Zetor

vulcain_2

Level 2
First name
vulcain_2
I have Zetor 8540 which makes a kind of whining noise. It seems to come from something which runs hydraulic pumps but disconnecting bigger pump doesn't make the noise go away. To my ear it seems to be some kind of bearing noise from a bearing which rotates allways when engine is running. Noise comes from somewhere between clutch and gearbox.

If I use hydraulics or change quick-change gear speed noise can get little different. But if I push clutch pedal down or use PTO it makes no difference.

There is enough oil and filters are clean. Any experience of this kind of problem? What could be wrong?

Does the noise change or go away if you load the main hydraulic pump? (ie pressurize spool valve).

If I remember correctly noise gets quieter or goes away, especially when tractor has just been started and oils are cold.

At low idle you can't almost hear the noise but if RPMs are increased to about 1000 its quite loud.

Most likely idler gear bearings between mainshaft & pump drive, to check remove hyd pump housing, idler gear will now be visible. If bearings have gone tractor has to be split to replace

Yes thats the bearings, if gone replace shaft,idler & bearings (2)

Bearings were gone and I have now split the tractor.

Problem is now how I get the shaft out?

It seems to be sitting very tightly in its place. I have removed the circlip, right side cover and of course front plate. I have also been told that it should come off just by pulling, but this one is not so easy.

Any tips?

The end of the shaft has a thread tapped into it, make a puller to draw the shaft out.

The end of the shaft has a thread tapped into it, make a puller to draw the shaft out.

Yes. New spare part shaft has threads but not the one that has been installed to my Zetor .

UPDATE
I got the shaft out. I had to weld a piece of bolt to the end of the shaft and then pulled it out. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back